The RoboSep® is the world’s first fully automated cell separation system that allows true walk-away automation. We developed this instrument and its disposables from idea to transfer-to-manufacture in 14 months, with the first Beta prototype delivered in 12 months.
The instrument’s customizable programs allow positive or negative selection of virtually any cell type from any species. We collaborated with the client to help develop an automated cell separation system using the EasySep column-free technology with FACS-compatible magnetic nanoparticles. The system was unprecedented in its ability to label and separate up to four samples simultaneously, and includes an intuitive, touch screen graphical user interface.
Our team designed and developed a range of system features including:
- Single aspiration head with 5 mL and 250 ¬µL disposable tips, for zero carryover
- Wide sample dispensing range, from 12.5 ¬µL (10 percent inaccuracy) to 10 mL (0.5 percent inaccuracy)
- Intuitive touch screen graphical user-interface with pictorial text support and user customizable protocols
- Automated magnetic particle separation
- Custom disposable packaging
- Stand-alone, benchtop and transportable configuration
- Standard bio-containment hood for sterile operation